Homeschooling Can Feel Intimidating.
Do you find yourself overwhelmed with homeschool program options, thinking?
- How much time will I need to prepare lessons plans?
- Will my child fall behind if I choose the wrong curriculum?
- When will I have time to manage the other demands in my life?
- Can I do this?
It doesn't have to be!
BookShark's 4-day, complete, fully-planned curriculum provides a quality education with the flexibility to meet your child's academic and social needs.
It Starts With Great Books.
Great education starts with literacy, that's why BookShark uses literature as the cornerstone of our curriculum. BookShark students read roughly 50 books each year, developing vocabulary, comprehension and reading speed. Our literature-based approach takes book selection seriously. Each book is evaluated to meet the following criteria:
1. Verbally compelling. The writing must be superb and allow for fluent reading.
2. The content adds to the reader's cultural literacy.
3. The book is intriguing, with a multi-dimensional plot to engage the reader.
4. The characters develop a positive character change over the course of the book.