Due to the increased demand for homeschool materials, some products may be backordered. These items will be listed on your packing list when you receive your order or you can view the list of all products backordered here. You may order any of the items listed now. We plan to ship these items starting on their "Expected Availability" date. Please note that we only collect funds for items once they ship, so once your backordered items arrive in the warehouse, you will see an additional charge for the item/s that did not ship with the first shipment.
If your backordered items are used within the first 3 weeks of your curriculum we will ship them out as soon as we receive them. If you have multiple other items on backorder we will ship them when all of the items have arrived in house.
We strive to ship out orders as quickly as possible. Orders usually ship within 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS from the time we receive your order. During promotions, holidays, at the end of each month and during the summer months, shipments may be delayed slightly due to high order volumes. We will update this page with estimated ship times accordingly and send an email with tracking information as soon as your order ships.
Orders are currently shipping from our warehouse within 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS from the time we receive your order.
US Shipping (to the lower 48 states)
You can get free shipping to the contiguous continental states if:
- Your order of $75 or more qualifies for Media Mail shipping
- Your order is over $300
- You get Free FedEx Ground delivery.
- Your package arrives within 3-10 business days after your order leaves the BookShark warehouse.
If your order does not qualify for free shipping
- $5 Media Mail is available for qualifying items under $25.
- $10 FedEx Ground shipping is available for orders under $300.
- Other Options can be arranged. Contact us to setup a specific alternative service you would like to pay for.
Notes About Media Mail Shipping
- Allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
- If you have items that do not qualify for Media Mail you can upgrade to FedEx Ground shipping for $10.
Notes About FedEx Shipping
FedEx® requires a street address (no PO Box) and a phone number.
AK, HI, APO/FPO and Shipping to US Territories
Orders of $75 or more may qualify for free Media Mail shipping!
All the items in your order must qualify for Media Mail.
Notes About Media Mail Shipping
- Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- What if my order is under $25?
You can pay $5 for Media Mail shipping (if your items qualify for Media Mail). Or add additional qualifying items to make it reach $25 for free Media Mail shipping.
Is my shipment insured against theft or damage?
BookShark LLC. insures items against damage or theft during transit when shipped via trackable shipping anywhere in the world. We do not insure Postal Service (e.g., Media Mail) deliveries unless you specifically request and pay for the service. Though we don't often ship via UPS, we do insure items against damage or theft during transit when shipping via UPS.
Which items qualify for Media Mail shipping?
The following items generally qualify for Media Mail:
- Instructor's Guides
- Computer programs
- Extra Activity sheets and other stacks of paper
- Binders (if you also order an Instructor's Guide)
These items do NOT qualify for Media Mail:
- Science supply kits and components
- Non-media resources such as microscopes, the markable map, art supplies, puzzles, etc.
- Math kits and components
- Handwriting supplies/manipulatives such as the chalk board, chalk, foam mat, etc.
- Binders (if ordered alone)
Please note: The United States Postal Service maintains these rules for Media Mail. Unfortunately, BookShark cannot make exceptions to what we can ship via Media Mail. If you have any questions, please contact us.
When you start the check-out process, your shopping cart will let you know if you order qualifies for Media Mail. If you cannot choose the Media Mail option when you check out, your order does not qualify for it (either because your order is over $150 and receives free trackable shipping, or because your order contains one or more items that we are not allowed to ship Media Mail).
What Import Restrictions are there for BookShark products?
- Restrictions on biologically active items to Australia, Anguilla, New Zealand, Mexico and South Africa: Due to import restrictions on biologically active items (soil, seeds, yeast, etc.), Sonlight cannot ship certain science supply kits to certain countries. Here is a list of those items, plus the countries we may not ship them to:
- Level A Supplies Kit (#KSK)—Anguilla, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and South Africa
- Level B Science Supplies Kit (#1SK)—Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and South Africa
- Level C Science Supplies Kit (#2SK)—Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and South Africa
- Level D Science Supplies Kit (#3SK)—Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and South Africa
- Level E Science Supplies Kit (#4SK)—Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and South Africa
- Microscopy Science Supplies Kit E (#ESKM)—Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Science Supplies Kit G (#GSK)—Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
If you live in one of these countries, you will have to find equivalent items locally. If you order a package containing restricted items, we will remove those items from your package and reduce your cost accordingly.