BookShark Payment Plan
We offer payment plans of 3, 6, or 9 months to help fit your homeschool curriculum purchase into your monthly budget.
BookShark payment plans allow you to spread the cost of your BookShark curriculum over several months at no extra charge; with no additional fees on qualifying orders.
Payment Plan Availability
|Payment Plan Length||Qualifying Order Value|
|$499+ or History Program||$799+ or All-Subject Package|
|$499+ or History Program|
|$799+ or All-Subject Package|
Payment Plan Calculator
Why Choose A Payment Plan?
With no interest charge, you can pay for your order over time at no additional cost but still get all your curriculum ready to go from day one.
Instead of buying curriculum in pieces at retail price over the course of the year, you can save money by taking advantage of the discounted package prices while spreading payments over 3, 6, or 9 months.
How Does It Work?
If your order qualifies, you may select a Payment Plan option at check out. You pay only 40% of the total cost of goods at the time of shipment. We then spread out the remaining balance over three additional automatic payments — either one payment a month (for the 3-month plan), one payment every other month (for the 6-month plan), one payment every third month (for the 9-month plan), or one payment every fourth month (for the 12-month plan).
Here is an example of how the plans work for an order of $800:
After you pay the down payment and we ship your order, the remaining balance is split into 3 automatic payments:
- For the 3-month plan, your payment is charged to your credit card every month. The first charge comes approximately 30 days (no less than 30 and no more than 40 days) from the shipment date, and then approximately every 30 days thereafter. For example: If you order May 1st, you'll pay the down payment then and automatically make payments at the beginning of June, July, and August.
- For the 6-month plan, your payment is charged to your credit card every other month. After your down payment, your next charge comes approximately 60 days (no less than 60 and no more than 70 days) from the shipment date, and then approximately every 60 days thereafter. For example: If you order May 1st, you'll pay the down payment then and automatically make payments at the beginning of July, September and November.
- For the 9-month plan, your payment is charged to your credit card every third month. After your down payment, your next charge comes approximately 90 days (no less than 90 and no more than 100 days) from the shipment date, and then approximately every 90 days thereafter. For example: If you order April 1st, you'll pay the down payment then and automatically make payments at the beginning of July, October and December.
We keep you informed along the way, by email, so you'll know exactly what happens when.
As you continue your BookShark adventure, consider using our Payment Plan option—a flexible way to purchase your homeschool curriculum materials.
How to Select A Payment Plan:
1. At checkout, under Payment Method, select Credit Card.
2. Click the Use Payment Plan checkbox.
3. Click the checkbox Yes, I want to pay for this order with 40% down...
4. Select a Payment Plan Length and click the PLACE ORDER button.
If your order totals $499 or more, you may qualify for a payment plan until the posted expiration date listed in the table above. The 6- and 9-month payment plans are available for All-Subjects Packages or orders of $799 or more year-round.
To Qualify: We will submit a Credit Check via Transunion on your account. (Please note: Submitting a credit check may cause your credit score to change just by virtue of the credit check. To qualify for a payment plan, BookShark will check your FICO 04 credit score. Do NOT complete the Payment Plan request if you do not want us to process a credit check. To learn how an inquiry may or may not impact your credit score, please refer to www.myfico.com/credit-education Credit check will register as INQUISICORP on your credit.
Qualification for a Payment Plan is dependent on successfully obtaining a credit score that meets or exceeds the credit threshold we have established (620 or higher). Your credit score is based on information about your credit experiences, such as your bill-paying history, the number and type of accounts you have, late payments, collection actions, outstanding debt, and other criteria.
Please Note: In order to offer these terms, we cannot make exceptions for Payment Plans if credit scores we receive do not meet the credit threshold we have established. We regret we are unable to make exceptions and do understand that your circumstances may be unusual or difficult. However, in order to be consistent and ensure compliance with credit terms and conditions, we will make no exceptions.
Payment Plans are offered for United States and Canada orders only.
If your credit card declines on three separate installments during your Payment Plan, we will not be able to offer a new Payment Plan until 18 months after your final payment is received.
Limit: One Payment Plan at a time per customer.
If you default on a Payment Plan, you will no longer be eligible to receive a Payment Plan in the future even if you do pay the owed amount at a later date.
Q. How do I update my payment information?
A. You can update your payment information from you My Account page. Your Orders tab has a Payment column. Click the Update link.
Q. Can I pay off my Payment Plan early?
A. Yes. Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you with that.