Spelling You See A | Listen and Write Universal Set
- What's Included
Includes everything you need to move your preliterate student to the phonetic stage of spelling with 36 lessons of Listen and Write: Instructor's Handbook with introduction to the philosophy of Spelling You See and a Getting Started guide, and the Student Pack with the Student Workbook, Listen and Write Sticker Pack and Guide to Handwriting.
Listen and Write:
- Focuses on lowercase letter formation, consonants, and short vowels
- Moves the student from three-letter words to four-letter and eventually to five-letter words
- Includes the focus of each day’s worksheet at the top for easy reference
- Contains 36 lessons divided into five parts (A through E). Each part is a day’s lesson and should take no more than ten minutes a day
- Features letter boxes to help your child learn sound-to-letter correspondence, a skill needed for reading success
- Teaches correct pencil grip and letter formation
- Emphasizes the consistent, automatic formation of lowercase letters
While Listen and Write is not a handwriting course, efficient handwriting techniques allow students’ brains to handle these tasks effortlessly and concentrate on more important things, such as sound-to-letter correspondence. This level comes with a handwriting guide for your student.
Another fun feature of Listen and Write are the stickers that are included. Your student can find a sticker to match a word from the day’s lesson, or simply choose one as a reward for a job well done. The sticker page includes suggestions on how to use them with the lesson.
Is Your Child Ready for Level A -- Listen and Write? See the General Spelling Readiness Guidelines for more information on placing your student in the correct level.
The decision to homeschool our daughter, Alexa, was an easy one. Choosing a curriculum that worked well with her goals and schedule was a little more difficult.